quarta-feira, outubro 11, 2006

Tender Hearts - A Tribute to Volunteers

Este texto foi partilhado pela Xana. Não resisti a partilhá-lo convosco, é simplesmente lindo e tristemente real!

Tender Hearts
A Tribute to Volunteers

I greet each day inside my cage
And wait for God to write my page.
I wonder if you'll come today,
And let me feel the light of day?


My whole life has been dark with pain.
And those who caused it -- what did they gain?
They stole my trust, my livelihood,
And all because they simply could.

I yearn to run though scented fields
Without a cage and lock to yield.
To chase a squirrel that can't be caught;
To earn a love that can't be bought.

But the darkest days have a light
In the quiet mornings that follow night.
You come to visit every day
Without a motive, without pay.


You carried me when I was weak,
Brought trust I was too pained to seek.
You healed my wounds that took their toll --
You rescued my slowly dying soul.

And now I listen for your voice,
Knowing that you're here by choice.
You didn't know me at the start,
And yet I'm planted in your heart.

I'm learning to accept your praise
And not avert my fearful gaze.
Forgive me if I cower still;
My life has been against my will.



I feel that you are growing tired
Within this fight that you've been mired.
If you can keep your doubts at bay,
It would mean the world if you could stay.

I can't predict how this will end,
But I know this of you, my friend --
You selflessly all played your part;
You saved me with your tender heart!

~ Dee Clair

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Nem tenho palavras, somente uma grande sensação de realidade.

Beijos
Takumi